Today the Gallery's primary archival activity is the creation of a digital hotline which will connect and facilitate communication among the diverse sections of the Institution. Through today's universally recognized web of information these complementary archives will enjoy a more dynamic relationship.
Supporting this inter-institutional activity is an objective of both political and cultural. It is a work method which can produce more information and new research instruments in line with current technological evolution.
The Photographic Archive and the Bio-iconographic Archive were officially constituted in 1945 by the Soprintendenza at the time of Palma Bucarelli, while the birth of the Historical Foundation began in 1973 with the acquisition of the first of six estates of which it is currently made up.